Sunday, June 26, 2011

Day Ten: A Song To Sleep To


Today topic is a song to fall asleep to. This theme is extra appropriate because a) I've been extra sleepy this weekend and b) I have a sleeping Chihuahua on me at this very moment. I am very particular about the songs I can fall asleep to. They cannot have any lyrics because my brain will listen to the words while I am asleep and choose one it likes as a wake up term. They can also not be overly raucous because I am a light sleeper (sort of-I have very peculiar sleep idiosyncrasies that would be too boring to explain). I actually very very rarely listen to music when falling asleep.

However, I find Philip Glass perfect music to nap to. I genuinely appreciate Philip Glass in my waking life as well and recently had the pleasure of seeing him perform this song live at an experimental jazz festival in Manhattan. Also, I once did fall asleep (almost instantly) while watching Koyaanisqatsi: Life out of Balance, a film scored by Philip Glass. So here it is, "Glassworks" by Philip Glass.

Sleep easy.




Next up:
A song from your favorite band

No comments:

Post a Comment