Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Day 20. . . When Very Angry. . .

So, let's talk about anger, shall we? I for one am not a big fan of being angry. In general, I am opposed to emotions that are useless, but, being human, I do experience them from time to time. So today's fun little theme involves music that one listens to when one is angry. So, those who know me well are aware that I am prone to the anxiety, frustration, and occasional panic attack. No big deal, it's just my nature to run a bit high strung. I've even been told it's a bit charming. That said, music has wonderful therapeutic/nerve calming qualities that I do often take advantage of when I am in the stress. I love to sing. It is pretty much my favorite thing to do. Singing is the ultimate stress reliever, therefore, I often sing my anger away. However, there are also times when I enjoy wallowing in a foul mood and this pastime requires a much different soundtrack. So here, today, on this little blog, let us explore both means of handling anger.


So, anger suits some people. It's like their schtick. I am not one of those people. In my prior life as a Minnesotan I best handled stress through driving around and blaring my stereo, you know, putting on a little bit of a concert for myself. I had a few go to crowd pleasers. Maybe this warrants a top ten list? Maybe Warrant makes an appearance on said list? So here it is (Prince omitted because I write about him way too often, although he is fabulous):

Top Ten List of Songs that De-stress This Lady (When Performed in a Car):

10. Ozzy Osbourne "Mamma I'm Coming Home"
9. Guns N' Roses "Knockin' on Heaven's Door"
8. George Michel "Faith" and "Teacher"
7. Elton John "Tiny Dancer"
6. Sisqo "Thong Song"
5. T.I. "Whatever You Like"
4. MGMT "Kids"
3. Vampire Weekend "Oxford Comma"
2. Talking Heads "Road To Nowhere"

and, number one, for no reason in particular aside from the fact that in this moment I feel like making it number 1. . .


actually, upon further reflection, this might be the greatest song in the world ever written, ever. Honestly. It is really superlatively amazing. Someday I will Karaoke it. 'Twill be magnificent. Really though, if this song does not snap you out of a bad mood then you probably suck at life.

Anyway, I've veered a bit from the topic at hand. More than anything, I have just materialized a list of my go to favorite songs to sing along to. But they do induce happiness so I do listen to them when I am angry.

Now for the other kind of angry song. This kind of song perpetuates anger, it allows one to revel in a foul mood. It is perfect to listen to while grimacing. Even the sweetest of us are not immune from these dark life moments. Sometimes a person just needs to spend some time being mad. Sometimes a person just needs to yell along to an angry song. So here is another top ten list of songs I listen to when I want to perpetuate a baditude.

Top Ten List of My Baditudinal Songs

10. Danzig "Mother"
9. Skid Row "18 and Life"
8. Echo and the Bunnymen "The Killing Moon"
7. Kanye West "Can't Tell Me Nothing"
6. Ozzy Osbourne "Road to Nowhere"
5. Nine Inch Nails "Hurt"
4. Hole "Take Everything"
3. Roy Orbison "Working For the Man"
2. ACDC "Highway to Hell"

and number 1 is. . .


Because it is perfect.

Next Up:
A song that you listen to when you're happy

No comments:

Post a Comment